Thursday, October 27, 2011

Psalm 2

Category: Royal
Author: David (according to the early church) Acts 4:25
Purpose: The coronation of Israel's king(King)

1. Starts with the plot against Yahweh and His anointed one (Anointed One) cf. Acts 4:25
     "Let us tear off their chains and free ourselves from their restraints."

2. Yahweh ridicules their ignorance and speaks from His wrath:
     "I have consecrated My k(K)ing on Zion, My holy mountain."

3. David recounts Yahweh's decree:
     "You are my Son; today I have become Your Father..."
     Heb 2:5 - applies this to Jesus, the Son of God
     also 5:5 and Acts 4:25
     
     Yahweh exalts his Anointed One above all kings of the earth.

4. Promise to the Son

5. Admonition to the kings of the earth
     To align themselves under Yahweh's grace instead of His wrath.

1 comment:

  1. Reminds me of news commentator, Paul Harvey, who had a program he called "The Rest of the Story." This would be good to be read at presidential inaugurations nowadays.

    ReplyDelete